Thursday, May 13, 2010

Does it make you sick/jealous to look at other girls who are beautiful in a bathing suite?

I know it takes time to lose baby weight, but since I've had my baby 7 months ago, %26amp; now its almost summer, I want to look good again in a two piece. I hate sometimes looking at other women in bikini's after having a baby, %26amp; they look like they didn't even have a baby.


GRRHhh, so stressful trying to lose this weight!


Some days I'm pumped about doing a few exercises, but a lot of times I'm too tired or lazy to do anything by time I get off work!





Is this how you feel sometimes? Please help me with some advise to actually get myself motivated! How did you lose your weight?





Thanks %26amp; god bless!Does it make you sick/jealous to look at other girls who are beautiful in a bathing suite?
Sometimes I feel that way. But then I remind myself that those girls are probably 12 year olds that have way too much make up on or girls that don't eat on a daily basis. Don't worry though. Every normal woman feels that way at one point or another. It's a normal feeling especially when we are constantly bombarded with ';loose more weight!'; ads.





Did you know that only 15% of Americans look like those girls? The rest of us (the normal ones) we have curves. We have imperfections that make us unique. We don't all look like 12 year old girls. We look like women!





As far as getting motivated. Buy a bathing suit you find pretty. Hang it up and let that be your motivation. Make sure it's a reasonable size to achieve (if you're a size 15, don't choose a size 5, which is too skinny anyhow in my opinion). I'm a size 13 and I'd love to be a size 10 again. So far I'm just eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking V8 Fusion and getting up and moving. So far, I've lost 5 lbs in two weeks. Just keep in mind that 1-2 lbs a week is the healthy way to loose weight.Does it make you sick/jealous to look at other girls who are beautiful in a bathing suite?
I did after I had my son,It took me awhile to lose all the weight I had gained.After I had my daughter I lost weight rapidly so now I am one of those woman you are talking about.I have been on both sides of this.I did nothing to lose weight it just eventually came off.I have a high metabolism so I think that played a part in it.Try not to think about it so what if you have some weight on you.
Not really, I'll get a pang of jealousy every now and then though. It actually gets me more motivated to get back into that good of shape!!


6 months pp, I still have to lose about 10 lbs. and my tummy is still a bit mushy. So I have a gym membership. And that's actually my main motivation right there! I'm paying for a gym membership so I might as well get some use out of it lol
I am a proud bikini wearer. Not to rub it in. I didn't do anything to loose the weight. I go for stroller walks and stuff and watch my portions. I always say ';I would rather take an extra serving of vegetables, than one of potato's and gravy'; Much healthier of a choice when you still feel hungry.





Just watch what you eat and get yourself into the mind set that you WILL be working out when you come home. Put your little on in the stroller and go for a power walk. Good luck on that loss girl!!!
honestly, no, I have never felt that way. I am comfortable with my body, and have no issues with looking like I have kids, since I do. I would rather be myself, and be happy with who i am, rather than killing myself to fit some media ideal of not ever looking like i have had kids
Yes.


It would make me jealous if I was in your situation but i bet as once as you loose the baby fat they will be jealous of you!
No, I don't feel that way at all. I accept my body, warts and all.





All the best.
No, it doesn't at all bother me. I don't go around hating on other people. I gained about 80lbs during my pregnancy. My daughter is 6mo old now and I still have about 20lbs or so to lose. But, it doesn't make me jealous even in a joking way to see other moms who only gained a few pounds or lost all their baby weight. My personal goal is to be the same size I was before I got pregnant- which wasn't necessarily small (size 7).





The way I motivate myself is to pin pictures of my pre-pregnant self on a wall in my bedroom. Every day when I get off work, I work out for about 20 minutes or so. That way, I still have time to play with/bathe/feed my daughter and get a decent work out in. I've only lost about 5 or 6 lbs but I notice the difference around my stomach area. Seeing results is my motivation.
I have a 1-month-old and I already look great in two piece, just like before. During pregnancy, I didn't eat any excessive food, just when I was hungry but not when I had nothing else to do with my mouth. I creamed my belly (and my butt) with oils, so that no stretch marks occur. I did a lot of exercise. When I gave birth (naturally), I continued living normal and breastfeeding and now my belly and my whole body is just like before and I can wear a two piece 6 weeks after I gave birth :-)


All my relatives are slim and I never eat in McDonald's.
I used to not like my body very much. I've never really been super slim and I carry most of my weight around my belly, back and upper arms. I also used to have a very bad self-hurting habit which has left me with allot of scars on my arms and chest and I have very pasty skin. But since my life has gotten a bit happier in other areas I haven't really bothered to think about my body much. I am also a bit slimmer than I used to be and I have gone down to a healthy size 12. My body isn't exactly good enough for page 3, but I can live with that as I know that I am healthy and I have things in my life now that make me happy . I'm only 14 weeks pregnant now and I have started to show a bit of a bump, but I am very grateful to have a baby on the way and I feel that there are things much more important than the weight I will put on through pregnancy. Being slim and beautiful is not as much of a gift as having a wonderful baby. There are slim and beautiful women who will always have nice figures but they will never be happy and have what you have. I know that it's hard to look at it that way... I remember feeling sick with jealousy when I saw attractive girls as I did actually have a figure like a 40 year old woman and I must have been only around 17,18,19. When I was that age I was around 12st 7lbs and I am only 5'3, so I know how you feel. But I also wasn't blessed with a baby then or a lovely partner, like I have now.





Breastfeeding your baby is a great way to lose weight. People say that people should breastfeed up until six months, but I'm going to try and stick with it for a little while longer as I have heard that in the first 1 or 2 years of a baby's life breastfeeding provides many health benefits. It also burns allot of calories. You could also try moderate exercise, like walking for an hour a day. A good thing to do if you are not breastfeeding is to cut out calorific foods and lower carbs for six months and stick to a diet of no more than 1,500 calories a day.





Remember that some women do have it all, but those are usually the ones that concentrate on being slim and not eating naughty foods to excess.





But remember, you have been blessed with a baby and that's the biggest gift of all.
Not at all. my solution is to wear a suit that looks good on *me*....not someone else.


Find one that works for your new shape. Here's a sampling of what have;


http://www.bargainstyling.com/wp-content鈥?/a>





http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/s鈥?/a>





My problem area is my bottom half, but I have a great top half. The solution is I wear a tankini suit that shows off my great arms and waist, but covers my flabby butt and thighs.


Find what works fo you and be happy with it.;-)


Good luck!!
You need to buy a bikini and hang it where you can see it everyday. I did this after havig my first and it helped me realize I'm gonna have to put that thing on one day!





Keep yourself accountable by keeping a food journal. Write down everything. Drink a glass of water before you eat and a glass during to keep you full on water and not overeat. Only eat fruits or yogurt for your snacks.





You don't have to go all out, I';m assuming you only have a few pounds to lose, go walking with the baby. I find when my baby is with me it's easier to do the exercise, like walking outside,doing outside squats where I can still see her.





For me it was toning and I did this by running and doing weights at home. Just make it part of your routine and stick with it. Just like you wash your dishes everyday, working out should be part of your daily activities. Don't do diet pills or a crash diet, they don't work and you're gonna end up worse off than you are now.
No, because I can, I just choose not to, I think it's wrong to wear a bikini, I'm married not single, you can look just as good with a one piece. Besides I've seen moms that don't belong in bikinis wearing them, I'm just like whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment