Friday, May 14, 2010

Why does our society view a girl in a bathing suit as being somehow different then a girl in her panties?

most girls would never go around in public wearing just the bra and panties they wouldnt want just anybody to see them with such revealing clothing on but then the same girls will have absolutely no issue with runnin around in a bathing suit or bikini which in alot of cases shows more then underwear would. what makes it different to you? your showing the same stuff.Why does our society view a girl in a bathing suit as being somehow different then a girl in her panties?
I think society does view them the same, even though we say different things about them. When you see two Internet ads, one with a girl in panties and one with a girl in a bikini, what's different about them? Nothing at all. The message is the same. And when a (pretty) girl in a bikini walks by, even at the beach or pool, doesn't she get the same glances from men that she'd get if she was just wearing her underwear? Don't men have the same challenge not to stare as they would in the other case?





So, we see them the same, but we choose to lie about it in public, and say one is ';o.k.'; and the other isn't, because... oh, I don't know... we're a race of liars. Either they're both o.k., or neither of them is. I agree with your opinion.Why does our society view a girl in a bathing suit as being somehow different then a girl in her panties?
I don't know good point.
I thin it is just the way society is. it is a taboo to be seen in your underwear, but it is okay to be seen in a two piece bikini. What is the difference? they both cover the same thing.
I have often wondered this myself. It just depends on the situation. When I was in 1st grade I remember a girl being sent home for coming to school in her swim suit. That's just bad parenting.
Panties are thinner. And a girl in a bikini just means she's ready for a swim or a tan. A girl in her panties and bra means she's ready for action.
I don't know. I've pondered this before. I remember one time I was out in my front yard, spraying down patio furniture in my bra and underwear, and a neighbor's car drove by. I remember getting all embarrassed, hoping it looked like I was wearing a mismatched bikini from the road. To this day, I still don't understand why I reacted the way I did. If it weren't for material or water-proofiness, the two would be interchangable, wouldn't they? I mena guys wear boxer shorts as swim trunks all the time, right?
Interesting isn't it? Same thing: if a guy was at a beach, being shirtless would be perfectly natural, but if he shows up to the office shirtless it's a scandal. The psychology of different contexts, I suppose.
I always wondered about that too. But I'm not complaining, mind you!


: ^ )
Although it is weird...knowing is what makes the difference. People see things in their minds eye. They see underwear they think indecent exposure. They see bathing suit they think swimwear. It's in our heads, it's been programmed. Plus, most underwear, when wet, shows what's underneath pretty clearly.
You are right, they could run around naked, wouldn't bother me any. The problem is the ones who shouldn't are the first to go topless, the ones you would like to see, usually don't.
  • sheer makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment