Thursday, May 13, 2010

My little girl is sick, should I skip the bath?

My 7 months old has a cold, and is pretty miserable. We're actually both sick, and still in our pj's, I know, shame on me. Tonight is her bath night, I usually do them every other day, but it's kind of a raw day out.





Should I just skip the bath, or do you think it would make her feel a little better?My little girl is sick, should I skip the bath?
Personally I would do the bath. I'd say put her in a bouncer or rocker, and put her in the bathroom with you, you take a nice hot shower, and the steam will help both of you. Then after you're done, put her in. A nice bath will relax her and help her feel a little more comfortable. Just make sure that when you're done, she's nice and bundled, and don't go outside in the cold. Use some vics for you and some vics baby rub for her. It does help. Hope you guys feel better.My little girl is sick, should I skip the bath?
Ah the poor pet, xxx





Get in the bath with her, she'll love the company.





My little girl 6 months old and she has a bit of a head cold and had her scheduled bath tonight but is getting fussy because she is teething, so I got in with her and she loved it. That was half an hour ago and now she's in bed fast asleep. xx
When my 2 month old and I had a cold, it was hell. We were both so stuffed up, and I couldn't give my poor little man anything to help him breathe though his nose. I ran extremely hot water in the bathroom for a few minutes to steam it up, then ran a nice warm bath for him. It seemed to really help, so much that we would do that 2 or 3 times a day.
I always feel better after a bath. Running a little warm water might help clear her stuffy nose, too, if she has one. Just make sure you dry her off good and her hair isn't sopping wet afterwards, and I think it would be fine. Good luck, hope everyone feels better.
the bath at night will help her sleep.. put lotion afterwards.. also the steam from a hot running shower [without her in it of course] lol will help her breath better if she is congested... i think as mothers we all have these days but you have to think about what will make her feel better.. i know a bath always makes my lil ones feel better and sleep better





oh and hey.. pj's all day!! im jealous!! lol...
Give her the bath, it is warm and it will open up her body and warm her up. It will make her chest warm and she will get better in a day or two.
You should give her a bath...they have johnsons baby vapor bath that I use for my son whenever he's not feeling well and It seems like it soothes him because he is so calm in the bath tub. I think you should try it!
it will help loosen up an phlegm she has. just dry and warm her afterwards.
i think just like us it would make her feel better

No comments:

Post a Comment