Thursday, May 13, 2010

I have A 4yr old girl that about to be 5 in a couple of weeks She dosen't like to take baths or brush her hair?

She does not what me to do any thing for her. Is this normal for this age.I have A 4yr old girl that about to be 5 in a couple of weeks She dosen't like to take baths or brush her hair?
It's probably typical. My 3 year-old never wanted to get his hair washed until about a month ago.


That's when I found a small dead spider and made it ';magically'; appear in his hair, therefore proving to him how dirty it was!!!





He has since been very keen to wash behind his ears and everywhere else!I have A 4yr old girl that about to be 5 in a couple of weeks She dosen't like to take baths or brush her hair?
There are two issues here.


1.Bathing and hair brushing - you are the boss. Give in over these and you are asking for big trouble as she grows up!!!


2. ';Doesn't want me to do anything for her'; This is a stage and letting her be independant is a good thing. Making her own decisions about cleanliness and grooming are not.
Tell her if she doesn't take a bath plants will start to grow out of her skin and her hair will all fall out. (Read the Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books)
My son did this when he was about this age. I told him he would smell bad and no one would want to sit by him. He was very social so I never heard that again. Try it.
Sounds typical.Try to make the bath fun put some toys in there and maybe get special things to make the water colorful or sumthen
you should get her some kind of toy to play with while she is bathing.
dump her in the tub and FORCE her to bathe...that is utterly disgusting
sounds like a typical 4/5 yr old that is just going through a phase :)
  • sheer makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment