Thursday, May 13, 2010

I can not get my 5 year old girl to go # 2 in the bath room?

she will go hide some were or if you see her she will say she is not done. I will tell her to get in the bathroom and she will not go in there. I have told her i will get her what ever she wants . I have tried taking away something nothing seems to workI can not get my 5 year old girl to go # 2 in the bath room?
Have you sat down when it is not a time she needs to go potty and talk calmly with her? Find out WHY she has problems with it?





Something is likely troubling her and little kids don't always know how to put it into words. She may be afraid of something. Kids do not view the world like we do. Here's an example:





When my daughter was 4 yrs old and ill, she needed a chest x-ray. She asked me what they would do and I told her they would just take a picture of her lungs inside to see if they were ok.





Well, when we tried to get the x-ray, she would not cooperate and screamed and cried. We had to put her on a horse kinda thing they had that held her arms upward so they could get the chest x-ray.





Later, when she calmed down, I asked her why she was so afraid. She told me that she thought they were going to cut her open to get a picture of her lungs!





No wonder she was terrified! I would have been scared too! LOL





I suggest you work on finding out why she won't go in the toilet and you may be able to work with her on resolving her fears.





Best Wishes,





SueI can not get my 5 year old girl to go # 2 in the bath room?
have u tried being nice and being mean
I agree with you a 5 yr. old is too old to not be completely potty trained. Since she is old enough for you to carry a conversation with her I would try to find out why she is scared of the toilet, and then reason with her. Also, talk with her pediatrician concerning this problem. I know there is a book out there called everybody poops that is recommended for toilet training.
take her to the doctor this could be stress or even worst signs of sexual abuse
common problem. Painful experiences in the past can make a child force themselves not to go. Of course it doesn't help the problem just creates another.





With my child and several others I know, we used a product which I can't remember the name of, but it was not a laxative. It contained mineral oil which eases elimination and when they have to 'go' they can't hold it back. After a while they no longer need it. The fear will be gone.





Talk to a pharmacist about the problem. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.
5 years! You've kept up the sharades too long. Let her know it's not an option. When it's time to go, take her to the potty and stay with her until she does.
My son has been wearing underwear since he was 2 years old and completely potty trained before he turned 3. He is now 4 years old and some odd way or another loves when he goes #2. First of all he knows that when it is out, he feels better. He has three requirements and gets that from his stepfather. No one can be in the bathroom with him. He has to be alone. You can come in and set everything up, do what you have to do, and get out.He has to have his potty seat which is portable. You just sit it on top of the regular seat.( he is still little) Soft cushioned. He has to have one of his learning books so that he can read(gets his mind off it and can concentrate better). When he is finished, he calls yo to come check and make sure that he has wiped himself off good. After every #2 i wash him off back there ( I cant stand for a child to have a smell on them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment