Friday, January 22, 2010

Is it true toddler girls can get yeast infections from bubble baths?

I know on the back of the bottle it says that if there is prolonged exposure to a bubble bath then a yeast infection can occur but someone told me that it is not good all together to give your little girl a bubble bath. My daughter however loves getting a bubble bath and a bath is not fun for her or me if there is no bubbles so i was just wanting to get others opinionsIs it true toddler girls can get yeast infections from bubble baths?
Personally i do not use bubble bath products at all i am prone to these types of infection and would adore a soak in bubbles !


They are harsh as they can irritate inside your bits and the perfume is what causes yeast infections as they would for a young child ..always use mild soap for bathing i always have with my daughter cause i don't want her to suffer as i haveIs it true toddler girls can get yeast infections from bubble baths?
I didnt know how to reply back but yes it is true my daughter was just treated for it . She kept tellin me and my mother in law her ';pee pee itched and it was a little red. the DR said it was fromm bubblebaths and perscribed Triamcinolone Acetonide apply once a day it worked IMMEDIATELY CLEARED UP!

Report Abuse



........ It is a cream my DR said that u can also apply it on mosquito bites and in FLA mosquito bites are terrible. My dr said TRY (they are 2) Not great on saying okay Mommy) to take showers for 2 weeks and after that try to get dendite skin non hyperallergenic bubble bathes no scents.

Report Abuse



I think that it is true girls are much more likely to get a yeast infection from them, if she really loves them look for one that has no dyes/ scent so that she is less likely to have a problem with them... I think that as long as you are in tune with whether or not she is feeling well than you should be fine just make sure that you are watching for the signs of a yeast infection so that if she gets one you can get it cleared up quickly.
Not only can it give a little girl yeast infections, but also, Urinary tract infections. I would not recommend giving bubble baths to a child (for boys it can clog their penis), but if you are going to give bubble baths I would suggest limiting them to once a month and no longer than about 5 or 10 minutes.
yes they can. They can also get it from to much soap in the water. Girls are sensitive just like women are. It's okay to use bubbles but try to find something that is for sensitive skin and do not over use it. I love the bubbles from Target, I can't think of the name of them right now but they are awesome and they come with 2 bubble blowers in the bottle and they are very gentle. But they carry a nice price as well. Although if you use them correctly they last a long time and they are cheaper than buying the meds for an infection. They are in a clear bottle and a pink/red color and the name is something baby. Sorry the name has left my mind but I hope that helps.
Yes it's true. Boys can get them from scented bath products as well, it's just not as common. Some kids are more prone to getting yeast infections than others. If she has a problem with it just try using an unscented bath product instead of regular bath bubbles. I think Huggies makes an unscented baby wash- you could pour that in the water instead and she'll be much less likely to get an infection. Also rinse her off with clean water after a bubble bath.
Mr. Bubble is the safest bubble bath product out there. Its made for sensitive and gentle enough to use every day. My daughter got frequent UTIs and yeast infections from other bubble baths. But has yet to get one from the Mr. Bubble. We have been using that one for about a year with her and our now 16month old.


I believe that in order to get a UTI or yeast infection, she would have to be in a bubble bath for over 30minutes and almost everyday. Which was the case with my daughter. After a lot of visits to the doctor, she told us about Mr. Bubble. We havent looked at another bubble bath product since.


Good luck to you!
Not sure about yeast infections, but I do know they caution about giving girls bubble baths because of UTI's. I'd do it sparingly, if at all. And make sure you rinse her off very well down there before you dry her off, to get any soap residue off of her. I try to give my daughter a bubble bath only once in a great while, she doesn't seem to miss them when we don't.
A lot of women can get UTI's from bubble baths, no matter what age. It can irritate the vagina, as well, due to the fragrance.





I usually just get kid friendly baby wash, and pour it in the tub, making bubbles for my kid to pop and play in.
Wow. I hadn't heard that. We have been giving my 2 year old daughter ';bubble baths'; by squirting a little bit of her Aveeno shampoo/body wash in the tub while filling up for about a year now. No problems so far.
Personally, I don't give my girls bubble baths because as a child, I got frequent urinary tract infections from them. Don't know about yeast infections though.
yep!!!, don't do it.


YOu can make colored bath water instead, or just have her shower. then she can play with bubbles in there.
I would say yes since it definitely causes the same thing for grown women.
My doctor says no bubble bath's til the age of 3. Something in them is not good for young kids!
yes its true ..its not just toddlers that can get them though !
  • revlon cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment