Friday, January 22, 2010

When did one-piece bathing suits become uncool among teenage girls?

It seems to me like no one really wears one-piece bathing suits anymore, almost to the point where I wonder if people that do wear them are looked at like they just stepped off the Geek Train and/or treated like social pariahs. As an example, I have a 15-year-old cousin who told me that she wouldn't be caught dead hanging out with someone who wears a one-piece.When did one-piece bathing suits become uncool among teenage girls?
I don't wear one-piece bathing suits much but I do own one that I really like. I'm not sure what is so bad about them I think its just a trend and once pieces don't look flattering on some girl's body types. Some girls like them but it's just the trend right now to have bikinis. A one-piece is a timeless classic though so if you have a really good one it can never go out of style.When did one-piece bathing suits become uncool among teenage girls?
I don't know what you're talking about, one pieces have just gotten back in. Many designers are making sexy one pieces like these:





http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/c3a1ed54-5912-4c8d-bd71-110ea18aa31d/categoryID/851f3e1c-10ba-460f-a982-e9896afd51b3





http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay%26amp;origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp%26amp;event=display%26amp;prnbr=9H-207977%26amp;page=1%26amp;cgname=OSSWMOPSZZZ%26amp;rfnbr=158





http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay%26amp;origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp%26amp;event=display%26amp;prnbr=9H-223513%26amp;page=1%26amp;cgname=OSSWMOPSZZZ%26amp;rfnbr=158





It takes more confidence to wear a one piece than a two piece I think. A guy would look at a girl in a sexy one piece and think ';wow, she dared to be different and that looks really good on her.'; I own a one piece and I flaunt it all the time! I own this one:





http://www.swimwearboutique.com/shopping/itemview.asp?gnum=3407%26amp;gid=2174%26amp;dept=Swimwear%26amp;vend=Aqua+di+Lara+2008%26amp;vendnum=173%26amp;aid=2174%26amp;cat=One+Piece





Sure, I have two pieces too, but nothings wrong with a hot one piece!
Now that I realize it, it does seem quite sad. D:


Especially because I'm the type who HAS to wear a one piece because I use it as a cover up for a scar.





Underwear's getting skimpier by the years. I guess wearing a two piece shows that you are attractive, and being attractive is one aspect of being liked and popular. Nowadays, girls just cover up what they have to, and show what they can.
I wear a one piece!


It's very cute.





http://store.americanapparel.net/rntp30.鈥?/a>





I had the same thing happen to me though, kind of.





I was on myspace and this girl took a really slutty picture of her in a bikini in her bedroom and I sent her a message telling her to put some clothes on. And she's like ';umm it's a bikini not lingerie'; and I was like, well you don't look like you're going to the pool to me, especially wearing a knit hat, and the fact that you're in your bedroom. Is it one of those invisible pools?





She said ';hahahah what do you wear, a one piece?';





I don't really understand. I love mine, I guess she must be thinking of the one pieces swimmers and such wear.
I like wearing them. They're excellent when it comes to ACTUALLY swimming. They became uncool when teens thought it was cooler to look sexy than to look healthy, and do physical activity. Around the same time teens started depending on fast food, and staying inside more than going out and enjoying themself.
I think that the K-Mart and Justice and Limited Too one-pieces are ugly. If you are looking for a cute one piece, try American Eagle, dELiA*s, Hollister, Abercrombie, or Aeropostale is very cute. If you're trying to find them cheap, try going in the stores when summer ends and they are like...half off! Good luck and they are really cute at times!
Certain one-piece are nice such as this one: http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce鈥?/a>





There are lots of pretty one piece swimsuits that I would not mind wearing.
because 2 pieces reveal more and make you look good and get guyss! duhhh. one pieces are totally for young kids. i never wore a 1 piece just to swimming lessons becuase you haaad to. maybe if your heavier or uncomfortable with ur body a one piece. or just try a tankini!
Nah, I've seen stores still selling CUTE one piece bathing suits. Or if you want, you can wear a tankini. It gives you more coverage than a bikini but it's still a two piece.
Hmm...I don't know when that happened.


But you're right, it does happen!


I guess teens think that it's cooler to wear an expensive Hollister bikini than a JCPenney's one piece.


~Elaina =)
I wear a two piece because im really tall, and if i wear a one piece i look really weird/fat. two pieces make me look skinny :] Its weird i know... I get my two pieces at JC Pennys...
Since all girls wanna dress like sluts to look ';hot';
23 oct 1998 is the exact day
2001
Its not pretty to me.
  • revlon cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment