Sunday, January 24, 2010

Do you think that young children(girls) should have 2 piece bathing suits?

This was what me and my mother in law was disagreeing on, If young girls(ages under 10) should have 2 piece(where the full stomach is exposed). I personal think that there is to many nasty people out there that there is no need for children to have bathing suits like that because they are for swimming not looking cute. Other may disagree and that fine, I would like to hear your thoughts on the subject. ThanksDo you think that young children(girls) should have 2 piece bathing suits?
We have a ';rule'; in our house, when it comes to clothes...including bathing suits. When I take our daughter shopping, and I think what she picked out is inappropriate, I always ask if she's willing to wear what she picked out in front of her father or what her father would think about her wearing that in public. Dad has no problem taking the heat on this topic and it helps keep me in line with what's cute and what's skanky...because let's face it, I'm a girl too and when I go shopping I lose my brain. Thankfully, she has good sense and doesn't pick out too many items that I need to ask about.





Personally, I don't find it cute to see an infant, toddler, or tweener in a bikini, it's actually quite disgusting. I think a tankini is more appropriate.Do you think that young children(girls) should have 2 piece bathing suits?
i have 3 girls ( under 8) and they all have two pieces, there is nothing wrong with that! now there are certain two pieces i buy them ( ones that have the skirt attached and full across on top), because some look a little two old for their age, but two pieces are just fine =] they are kids!!
My 5 year old has to wear a one piece with a cover up on the bottom. I don't think it is necessarily for the perverts out there it is to teach them modesty and that your body is personal and not to show off to the world.
When I was younger, about 6, my mom wasn't really thrilled with the idea of me wearing a two piece. But it's not like little girls purposely walk around with them just to show them off, it's a necessity for swimming. Pedophiles still exist, and there is no stopping them even if your child wears a one piece. Whatever they are more comfortable in should work.
Oh get a life they are children for gods sake. Mind you if the garment is brief and exposing the manufacturer should have their stocks destroyed.





Young girls have worn 2 piece cossies for decades. As for protecting the children parents simply should be more responsible and be more aware that their children are children........so watch over them teach them be their hero their role model don't allow false identities to invade their senses of right and wrong.
I agree. Although, I might contradict myself when I say I think its cute when I see a baby girl maybe aged between 1-3 in a two piece bathing suit, but anything over that, you are right. There are too many perverts out there and us as parents need to try our best to protect our children. I was always very uncomfortable in my own skin, so I never wore a two piece, sometimes I would wear a bathing suit but with a shirt and shorts on top. I don't think my parents would have let me wear anything else but that. I had very strict parents.
I think two pieces are fine, but not bikini's.....with a full exposure of the tummy for two reasons.





1. Yours....children should not dress as sex objects.





2. I was diagnosed with basal cell skin cancer at 35 years old.....Tummy's are delicate areas not usually exposed to any light at all...I wore sunscreen....I ALWAYS were sunscreen....30+ and I got basal cell...why expose more skin then you have to?
My daughter will be here just in time for hot summer days and she will be sporting a very cute one piece.





I wouldn't want her in a two piece five years from now so she won't be wearing one now.
i don't see anything wrong with it. i found it was easier for my daughter to use the bathroom with two separate pieces on. plus, she was always with me in my own yard in our own pool and i didn't invite pervs over to check out my child.
I agree, I don't think little girls should be wearing bikinis or tankinis. It's just too growny to me. And of course the perverts, who happen to be getting bold. A friend of my mother's called the police on a man who was rubbing one out, at her kids softball game! If he was going to do it there, there's no telling what he'd be doing at a beach or pool around little girls in bikinis.
I find this question really strange. What's with the ';under 10'; point? Like somehow age 10 is when a girl should start revealing her body more?


What's wrong with an exposed stomach? There's nothing indecent about that. Why is that going to be the one thing that you need to keep hidden from potential predators?


Two-piece or one piece makes no difference to me.
I think it's fine. Pedophiles are going to be attracted to them whether they're in a one piece or a two piece. As long as your children are well-supervised, then why worry about it (at that age, I mean).
Naked? No. 2 piece? Yes. I don't see anything inappropriate about it. Really they make one pieces bathing suits that show off more. My daughter has both, but I usually put the bikinis on her, it's cute to see her chubby little belly sticking out.
I don't think it matters personally, Nasty people are going to be that way no matter what kind of bathing suit the child is wearing





Baloneyus_Monk's, My body does NOT belong to my spouse! It still and always will belong to me! How could you teach that to a child, their body is ALWAYS their body, it is never under no circumstances anyone else's..
I much prefer my young daughter to wear a 1-piece suit. I don't feel that 2-piece suits are appropriate at that age.
Thats ok but I have seen 10-14 girls that where them that are to skimpy for them. Like there parents are inviting people to look at them. I dont think drawing attention to young girls is a good idea but your kids are still very young.
no
I dont think it matters really, they both serve the purpose. My step daughter wanted to have a bathing suit like mine and why would i tell her ';no its wrong to show your stomach'; when mines all over the place?
In this day and age with all the crazy people out there and the risk of cancer from sun exposure I prefer to see them in one piece suits. I also remember how active I was at that age and a one piece just seems so much more practical.
I say one piece.





Later if the child wants two pieces, I vote for the covered up kind!








I teach my kids (who are now 7, 10 %26amp; 11) that their bodies are THEIRS now and later belong to their spouse. I teach them that God created them so beautifully and specially that it is not ok to basically run around naked.





**Note to those who think modesty means ';covered head to toe in wool';. That's not at all what I mean. Here are two examples of wht I call acceptable swimwear for kids!





http://www.casnerfamily.com/blog/wp-cont鈥?/a>





http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jWAmhkhzfd8/R8鈥?/a>





*Edit* Interesting how many answers talk about pedophiles. Keep your kids close to you and enjoy life!





One person said we shouldn't ';punish'; the kids because of pedophiles. I agree, but I do NOT think that wearing clothing or swimsuits is punishment.





Pepperg makes a great point about 2-pieces providing ease for bathroom use! My ';pull the crotch to one side'; trick is not something easily mastered by tiny hands!!
I dont see why even the chest of a young girl should be covered. Kids are happy with their bodies, not ashamed of them. You should let your kids enjoy, instead of punishing them, because of ';bad people';. These pad people should be ashamed of themselves if they get a turn on by children!
I work at a prison. Unfortunately, sickos get off on kids no matter what they are wearing. To a nasty sick person a kid in a bathing suit is a kid in a bathing suit. It doesn't matter how many pieces it has. You just have to be aware of the people that are around you when you have kids no matter what they are wearing. Just because they have on a one piece bathing suit on verses a two piece one doesn't mean you have to watch them less.
I dont see why it's such a problem if a young girl wheres a two peice or a all in one peice...





You get nasty horrible people everywhere and wether your child has a 2 peice or a all in one peice wont matter...( that sounds awfull But its true, there are sum sick sick people owt there)





But realy i would just go by whateva your child is more comfie in. and if you see odd behaviour report it

No comments:

Post a Comment