Sunday, January 24, 2010

What do you think about these fund-raising car washes that use young (under 18) girls in bathing suits?

Isn't that kind of illegal? Or at least morally and ethically questionable?





I know the kids have fun and it's for a good cause, but it just seems kind of strange.What do you think about these fund-raising car washes that use young (under 18) girls in bathing suits?
If it's a bunch of other teenagers getting their cars washed, then so what. But the problem is that it's not a bunch of other teenagers. It's dirty old men and women. There is no need to parade a bunch of young kids out in bathing suits to wash cars. If they must do a car wash then why can't they just be wearing shorts and shirts?What do you think about these fund-raising car washes that use young (under 18) girls in bathing suits?
Well, I suppose that depends on just HOW young the girls are and what the bathing suits look like. I would find seeing 13 year olds wearing thong-style suits objectionable, but I wouldn't have a problem with 15+ year olds in one piece suits or bikinis.
I DON'T think about it. For the most part, it's harmless.
I don't like them. The girls will stand on the corners of major intersections barely wearing bathing suit tops and short shorts jumping and screaming. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against their goal of raising money, but why can't they get people to get their cars washed while wearing clothes. When there are car washes raising money for a funeral or something they are in t-shirts and shorts. And there are guys there too.
Any fund raising car washes I've seen have used the kids that are benefiting from the fund raising to preform the work. Pop Warner football did one for fund raising the other day in my town , I saw lots of young male football players , nothing illegal...
it's people like you and attitudes like yours that caused book burning and laws that prohibit the bible and discipline in school. people who want to inforce their mores on everyone else. ';if I think it's wrong-then it's gotta be wrong';
Kinda creepy when you see sicko's circling around.
these girls should be slammed on the head with a hammer.





ugh
i see nothing wrong with it.there trying to raise money for a good cause or ease the burden of expense on uniforms such as cheerleading,band.
I like them, but I'm under 18 too.
I like it becuuse you get to see girls in bathing suits covered in water and soap lathering up your car.
Its tacky if they ask them to wear a bathing suit but in most cases its the kids who choose what they wear.





The worst I've seen was a local church who were raising money for the girls to take a missionary trip and they were in bikinis washing cars and advertising the church.
I think I stop at every one of them. I love summer fund raisers, and I'm a sucker for a pretty girl in a bathing suit.





Illegal? Give me a break. Move to Saudi Arabia if you want to live in a place where it is illegal. Morally questionable? No it is common sense. They are raising money. Having the girls in bathing suits holding the signs by the road will easily triple their business.
So is it morally and ethically questionable if you go to a public swimming pool and see the exact same babes/girls tanning?
It's gross, but I don't think it is illegal. Girls under 18 wear bikinis at the beach.
It's rather bad.





You can make an argument about bikinis at the beach, but I can also argue that bikinis are worn in gentlemen's clubs.





So, what is the primary intent, to swim or to titillate?
if they're at least 16, i'd say its okay, not younger than 16 for sure, but it would be better for them to be 18 and older, if they're going for sex appeal.think about cheerleaderin high school, most of them , probably almost all, are under 18 and they wear skirts so short that they aren't allowed in school.
the car wash does not use the kids. Quite the contrary....the kids use the car wash... it raises money for their own activities (ex. prom, sports) or to benefit a cause they support.... most people patronizing the car wash are there to support the goal of the fundraising, not to oogle the students in their bathing suits.... of course some customers are drawn in by the allure of sexy bodies soaping their car, but i would guess that among these there are as many women who want to watch hot guys washing their cars as there are men wanting to watch the bekini clad girls

No comments:

Post a Comment