Monday, January 18, 2010

Moms of newborn girls: Do you give your baby a bath at night before sleeping, or in the morning?

I bathed my little girl at night because it's part of the night-time routine. SOMETIMES it helped to bathe her before her nap too. But I never did a bath in the morning. I also saved a lot on wipes and kept diaper rash away far better by washing her in the sink when she pooped. It was easier to wash off that sticky newborn poo, and it didn't rub her skin and irritate it that way. So sometimes she'd get a slight bath in the sink after a stinky.





But full baths we did at night before bedtime.Moms of newborn girls: Do you give your baby a bath at night before sleeping, or in the morning?
Congratulations!!





I bath our girls all in the evening. In Winter I would do it earlier so they are not getting out of a nice warm bath into cold air and in Summer, I bath them before bed as they are nice and calm and relaxed ready for bed. I usually use the johnson %26amp; johnson bath time stuff which is really relaxing as it's Lavender scented and is very calming for them not to mention myself!! With newborns though, they only need a bath every second day. They really don't get that dirty and their little skin is so delicate. All the very best and hope this helps you.Moms of newborn girls: Do you give your baby a bath at night before sleeping, or in the morning?
either way depending on the day, but the usual routine even now for ALL my kids is bathing at night, has been the same since birth, its helps them sleep a bit better feeling more relaxed. i used lavender huggies bedtime body/shampoo and lotion after they all got out of the bath.
both. my baby sweats a lot( its hot in my country-png)so she baths a few times a day. in the mornings, during the day (twice) and in the evenings.its good to bath her in the morning to keep her fresh and also in the evenings to get ready for bed so she doesnt toss and turn at night.
I did it at night, but every other night. Because when they are that tiny , their skin is extra sensitive and can dry out very easy. But after she was like 3 months, I started every night..she loves it, and she wears herself out , then she is fasts asleep soon after . :D
Either time is okay. I preferred the evening so that it was a special time and a calming one in preparation for sleeping at night time.
You might want to read up on frequent bathing and asthma. There is a connection between frequent bathing and an increased risk of you child developing asthma.
i m not aware of what the weathers like on your end but, seeing as its fall you should wipe her down with a cloth at night and bath her in the morning..shell be just fine.
My baby girl is 6mo and she get her bath in the morning, it makes it easier cause if you miss one at night they dont seem to goto bed like they do if you give'em one everynight!
MY DAUGHTER IS 3 MONTHS AND RIGHT NOW SHE HAS HER BATHS IN THE MORNING BUT I THINK WHEN I START WORKING AGAIN SHELL HAVE THEM AT NIGHT TO MAKE MORNINGS EASIER.


EITHER WAY IS FINE.
ha ha why just girls? Anyways, I do both it depends on my schedule. I prefer baths in the morning though so she smells nice and fresh all day long!
We didn't and don't give baths every day but when we do it is at night. I think it helps to calm them down and relax them.
I gave my daughter baths during the morning or mid day because baths seemed to make her over excited before bed.
Its part of our night time ritual, I'm pretty sure the warmth calms her and settles her down for bed.
i always did at night to help her wind down %26amp; sleep good, seemed to work well. i guess it depends on ur schedule.
i give my daughter a bath every night after dinner it helps her to sleep faster and better.
It's part of her every-other-night routine. I think it helps get her in the mood for bed.
At night since I work all day.
I did both just make sure it's warm either way!
we don't have any set time, just when its convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment