Monday, January 18, 2010

At what age should a girl start taking a bath unassisted?

I have been very lovingly hands off with my daughter but my new step daughter is being raised very differently. My husband still bathes her and I found myself suggesting he not. I don't want to apply my ways to his relationship with his daughter, but he relies on me to advise him at times. So, what are you all doing with 7 year olds? How much do you do for them? At what age should a girl start taking a bath unassisted?
I would say whenever the child becomes self conscious about being naked, which is usually around age 5. I remember my mom letting me shower by myself at that age but she would always check up on me and make sure I was washing myself properly. I would never let my dad see me naked at that age! My daughter is 4 and I still watch her in the bath but I let her wash by herself. I would say age 6 might be a good age to let her do everything on her own.At what age should a girl start taking a bath unassisted?
My daughter is 8, and she has been taking bathes by herself since she was 6, like washing her hair (with my help if needed), and cleaning herself. She actually takes showers now.





I think its time he stopped bathing her, and just hung around and made she was okay if he had a problem about being afraid of a safety risk. I am not crazy about a dad bathing heis 8 year old daughter either..but yeah. i think it probably needs to stop.
My stepdaughter was 6 when I started dating my husband and she was already bathing herself. I think around age 4 you should start letting them wash themselves (stay in there w/ them, but let them do the work!) Then when they have it down good, let um go!!
First off why is he bathing her and not you? Thats not appropriate espcially at 7.


And my daughter was in the bath by herself around 5 i just hung around in the bathroom with her.
I think that age 8 is the pefect age to start just letting try to wash on there own. You can check on them once in a while. The reason why you should never let them wash themselves under 6 because they can drown.
my daughter is 5 and she washes up, brushes he teeth and gets dressed all by herself. i just wash her hair and take out her clothes.





p.s i am not to crazy about a male bathing a girl.
I honestly think 7 is a bit old for him to be bathing. I was bathing on my own at 7. All tho my mother ran the water for me.
A father insisting on bathing his 7-year-old daughter raises a bit of a red flag for me.





Keep an eye on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment